18.9.12

Cox & Kings

Hello! I've only just got back from my travels and was itching for a fun project to get stuck into when I was invited to take part in a 'bloggers challenge' for Cox & Kings, the oldest travel company in England (established in 1758!). The theme is 'Inspiring India' which couldn't be more perfect since I spent 6 months there during my travels, and it really was so inspiring.. especially all the naughty bandit monkeys!

Anyway the challenge is to create a piece of artwork, which will then be exhibited at a special India themed evening at the
Royal Geographical Society in London, (the highlights will be a talk by Mark Tully on The Mind of India, as well as a specially curated exhibit of maps, photographs and archival material from the Society’s India-related collections spanning more than 500 years!)  All artworks will then go to a vote at the event, and the winner gets an amazing prize, so fingers crossed :)
If you're interested in attending the event go here -  http://coxandkings.eventbrite.co.uk/  also if you want to go on a dream trip and escape the English winter, check out Cox and Kings luxury holidays, as well as their group holidays which all look lovely.

It's going to take a little while to get my head around being back after almost 3 years away, but for now I'm loving spending my days cycling around and drawing and catching up with old friends and making new ones, I'm also hoping for a nice late Indian summer now that there's a hint of autumn chill in the air.. x