14.4.11

Parts of Process

IMG_3744a
IMG_4415a
IMG_4415

Hey, This is an illustration I did a few months ago- and I thought some of you might be interested to see a little bit of the process behind my work. I very rarely draw with a pencil first because I like the permanence and spontaneity of ink and the fact that 'mistakes' have to be accepted and incorporated into the drawing somehow. This also means that I'm never quite sure how a drawing will turn out until it's finished! I love the process of drawing, making marks on paper and just letting the image evolve until it feels like it's finished. Most of my work at the moment is inspired by nature, especially plants and animals, and I'm constantly amazed by all the patterns and beautiful intricate details that can be found everywhere around us..

.